When it comes to Christmas gift giving its easy (and tempting) to stick to the basics – clothing, play tickets, hobby-related swag, books…
But what if you want to spice things up a bit.. add a little XXX to your Xmas. Finding the right balance between ‘sexy/romantic’ and ‘self-serving perv’ can be delicate.
My wife and I always give each other a few sexy gifts at Christmas. Here are a few tips we’ve worked out
- Don’t lead with the sexy stuff – as much as you know she’ll love that new cvibrator , most people expect gifts that are more ‘traditional’. Make sure the first gift they open is a little more PG rated
- Make it about him/her – make sure that the X rated gifts you give are really with your partner in mind… as opposed to pushing her into a fantasy you’ve had. If you’ve been trying to talk her into anal and she’s not been interested, a butt plug may be seen as a little selfish and set serving.
- Timing is everything – save the sexy gifts for after the kids go to bed. I’ll never forget when I was about 10 years old, at a older cousin’s house on Christmas eve, and my cousin’s fiancé opened a crotchless negligee in front of everyone… awkward!
- Invest in quality – this one is tricky. Good sex toys costs a lot of money, but they are sooooo much better than their cheaper equivalent. A high end vibrator or cock ring is a real pleasure to play with… a cheap one of each is certainly a novelty but gives no real pleasure. My advice… if sex toys and sexy gifts are new to you, invest in items that are going to knock your partner’s socks off. You want their first impression to be a good one. But if you already have a drawer full of toys, games, lingerie…, then you can do a mix of nice stuff and novelty items
- Make it functional. Especially if this is new territory for you both, a sexy gift can be seen as a bit of a joke gift… to be put in a drawer and never discussed again. Make sure that the sexy gift you buy gets used… a lot!
Some have said that Christmas is about family, tradition and charity. Sure… but no reason it can’t be sexy too!