Author Sheri Meyers has a new book with an intriguing premise. In her book, “Chatting or Cheating: How to Detect Infidelity, Rebuild Love and Affair-Proof Your Relationship”, as the title would imply, she spent years speaking with people who cheat, trying to understand why. Here is what she found:
1. The couple was spending very little time together and lead, basically, separate lives
2. They feel misunderstood or under-appreciated in the relationship
3. They are not connected sexually and have fallen into behaving like roommates, not lovers
4. There was a major change in their lives, like new career, children moving out, etc.
5. They felt they deserved the affair
I suppose none of these is overly surprising, ut certainly things to keep in mind as you examine your relationship.